Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Any Excuse For A Book

So the reason I've been delayed in finalizing the insect species from my recent trip is that all of my books are for eastern North America or the Great Lakes region… not terribly useful when trying to figure out species from the Northwest Territories.

Clearly what I needed to do was buy more books. Obviously.


The dragonfly book is the western equivalent of my beloved eastern go-to guide - the one with the excellent species comparisons - so it was an easy sell. I'll just have to take more western vacations and get my money's worth out of it. The butterfly book I'm going to have to sit with for a while and see if it's what I wanted it to be… it's an older book but came highly rated, I feel like it won't go astray.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment