Thursday, March 2, 2017

Climate Change Sucks

What a weird freaking winter. Spring? Sprinter? What do you call it when it's 15 degrees in the middle of February, then drops 20 degrees in one day at the beginning of March? There are tons of migrants showing up early, the ponds are already free of ice... for now, at least. We'll be below freezing for the next 2-3 days so that may not last.

I'm hoping to go visit one of those ponds after work today, see if I can catch some of the ducks that have been reported there. Unless it's frozen over again, in which case I'll probably try the nearest section of the Speed River instead, since that would be the closest open water.

In the meantime, please join me in admiring this Merlin that I saw on my lunchtime walk earlier this week:


No comments:

Post a Comment