Friday, August 5, 2016

Bzzzz Bzzzz.

Expanding upon my adventures with dragonflies, I'm coming to realize that some bugs are pretty cool. I will never be a fan of spiders or crawly house pests, but look at this robber fly, for instance:


I thought it was a grasshopper at first glance, mostly because all of the other things flying around on the path were grasshoppers and this was about the same size, but it didn't flash the yellow and black grasshopper wings when it flew so that caught my attention. I love the spiky legs.

On a different site, I found this Primrose Moth:


Very aptly named, since it's sitting on a primrose flower. When I was looking up the ID, the very first webpage I visited started out by saying that these moths are most often found with their heads completely buried in the center of a flower, so I guess that pose is a characteristic behaviour. Nice when things behave exactly as they're supposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment