Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Not 'Regret', Per Se....

And now, of course, I already want to go back to Pelee and hunt for all the things I missed yesterday. I did my best yesterday not to 'chase' birds that other people had seen (because inevitably I wouldn't find them, and end up frustrated) but rather just enjoy the day and appreciate what I saw. And that strategy worked very well for me at the time.

But now, of course, I'm looking at other people's records and seeing Hooded Warbler, Philadelphia Vireo, Red-headed Woodpecker, Mourning Warbler, Cerulean Warbler, Prairie Warbler, Eastern Bluebird... and I would dearly love to give it another shot. Fifty-odd species is really not that fantastic a tally for that park during migration, I'm sure there's birds I walked right past because I was too focused on something else.

Definitely going for two days, next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment